How to Tell if You Have a Clogged Sewer
As a homeowner, you have plenty to keep an eye on. Well, here’s another: telltale signs of a clogged sewer. It’s the kind of problem you hope and pray you never experience, and yet one where the earlier it’s detected, the less of a dent it’s likely to put in your budget.
That’s why we urge you to keep an eye for any indication of the following clogged sewer symptoms:
- Multiple Clogged Fixtures – If you are experiencing a clogged toilet, a tub, shower or sink drain, or any such combination all at the same time, you probably have a clogged sewer that needs attention.
- Bubbling Toilet – Another indication of a clogged sewer is a toilet that bubbles up while the water level rises right after you turn on a bathroom sink faucet.
- Backflow from Your Washing Machine – It might seem like a coincidence, but be on the lookout for a toilet that overflows while your washing machine drains its water.
- Unpleasant Odor – We’re being kind using the word “unpleasant,” but if you notice the small of raw sewage emanating from any of your drain, you guessed it, another indication of a clogged sewer.
- Damp Spot on Your Lawn – A clogged sewer problem can also be detected when one small area of your lawn is damp and soggy while the rest of the lawn is dry.
What can you as a homeowner do about a clogged sewer? You have two basic choices:
- Be proactive and periodically have your sewer lines professionally cleared; or,
- Wait until a problem arises and deal with it accordingly.
Either way, Clog Master is here to provide the service you need, when you need it. Contact us today and let us know what we can do to help keep your drains clog-free.